background

Monday, June 22, 2009

Knudsen family MIA, found in Monticello, Utah

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya! Get to work!
Closed on the house, unpacked the boxes, organized kitchen, closets, drawers, and currently hanging the pictures and choosing paint colors. Somewhere in that I am finally starting to feel settled in our new home.

I have decided that while some people write to work through their feelings, I need time to decide what exactly I am feeling, think it through, deal with it, then write. It is my process - respect it!


Leaving our dear friends and home in Corpus Christi has honestly been heart wrenching, particularly while trying to help my kids work through the transition. I miss my friends but I have the experience to know that although this is unsettling, we will create a new life in our new place. My children have had to place a great deal of trust in their parents and then deal with the loneliness, separation, and sense of having life simply uprooted and in no way recognizable.


The kids have done an amazing job adjusting, finding the positive, and generally finding the joy in this journey. I feel my prayers answered many times over on that one. In particular, I appreciate Parker's amazing ability to look on the bright side. He had a great, successful, action-filled life in Corpus yet he has consistently focused on all the positive things coming our way and made the most of every new situation. Yes, there have been some hard moments but he has not stayed there. His attitude has become contagious and Spencer and Whitney have really breezed through this, due in no small part to the example of their big brother. What a gift.


We have had many great times staying with my Mom and Dad in Ogden these past weeks. Many stories to tell, many pictures to post.


As I write today I keep glancing out my back windows. The sky is clear and blue, the mountains and fields green and lush. The kids are playing in the basement with some neighbor friends, dinner is finished, and a light breeze is blowing through my open windows. Life is good.
Teaser: Loved our afternoon trip through Canyonlands National Park this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Respect it, I will. Like it, I won't. So happy to finally see a post! I'm assuming pictures of the house will also be MIA until the transformation. That, too, I respect. But can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uprooting the kids is much harder on the parents, i have found. you have moved many more times than we have, but it is so hard for me to watch the kids struggle to make true bonds with the other kids. lilja and banks have been the most successful this time.

    ReplyDelete