background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dance Party - Whitney Style




Remember once upon a time when I had a little baby girl? This picture reminds me that in some ways I still do. Yet time passes quickly and it is time to celebrate Whitney's 8th birthday!
Whitney shares a birthday with her friend Cami Lewis so this year she decided that "since we are just going to invite most of the same people anyway" we would have a birthday party for both girls on one day. Brilliant! Ever planned a birthday party with two practically-8-year-old-girls? They have fabulous ideas. We settled on a Dance and Dress-Up party, complete with all things pink and frilly.



 

Of course, it is not a proper entrance unless you are trailing balloons in your wake! Whit knows all the nuances of the dress up party.

Here is the part that no still shot can possible capture, the dance moves to "Just Dance 2" on the Wii. Can you see the concentration on those faces? This is serious business. All the girls came with dress up clothes and danced, then they would swap into new show-stopping ensembles and head to the dance again. They loved it!







Whit is the Just Dance 2 Guru. She totally rocks this game. (Don't argue that with Parker, he thinks he is the best and does have some high scores to prove it!)

 Our fun friend Cami posing in her latest finery. For some reason this was THE outfit of the day and traded many times through the ranks.


Sage, Ellie, and Londyn all got a chance to strut their stuff too.


Does Bella just exude joy? Really, that is her happy face. She waddled down to join the fun and got pulled in, like it or not, to the dressing up chaos. The girls giggled and giggled about this idea.



These two had so much fun sharing all the birthday stuff! I thought it might cause some drama, but when asked who wanted to blow out the candles first they wanted to do it together!

The opening of gifts was a sqealing free-for-all but honestly, quite fun as they unwrapped the many




I am hoping that during high school I can pull this picture out and many of these girls will still be living here and good friends. Whitney bounced for hours after the party. That made it more OK that she is growing up. She'll always be my girl.




5 comments:

  1. Bella! In a tutu!


    that pic of whitney sleeping is also presh.

    also, Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like everyone was jamming and using up a lot of energy.
    it was fun to see whitney in february. she is so sweet and beautiful. happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I borrow your dog and the tutu for Bridget's party this summer? Actually, any day would be a fine day for a dog in a tutu. I love that shot of Whitney asleep - she looks just like her Mommy! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Whitney. Your party looked like so mcuh fun. I love that you invited Bella to the party and dressed her up so she could be one of the girls. You party looked great and Koryn the cake is great...so fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, rats. Not a true friend. But I do love the commentary on a sweet and special day. I love that she and Cami shared their birthday parties! So practical :)!

    ReplyDelete