No, no, just the natural aging process. Not me! I mean Whitney loosing teeth. After a weekend of soft foods and some whining over the dangling tooth hurting each time it got pushed just that little bit too far, Whitney burst in the door after school minus one tooth in her head!
Eyes shining, she showed me the little tooth container the school nurse had given her then opened it up to show me the tooth. Uhhhh, no tooth.
Can anyone picture the face of despair? Whit was crushed that somewhere on the walk between school and home she had lost the tooth. She ran outside to retrace her steps. (An exercise in futility but I had to let her try.)
On her return Parker and I reassured her that the Tooth Fairy would understand and all she needed to do was write a note to explain then leave that under the pillow instead of the tooth.
This is the result:

The minute I saw this I knew it had to be saved. The Tooth Fairy did understand and left a little something behind but strangely enough she forgot to take the note with her. She must be a little off her game.
So cute! Good thing the Tooth Fairy didn't take the note. Now you can put it in the scrap book. Hee!
ReplyDeleteOf course I'm all over your blog, darlin'! It's so great to "hear your voice" again! The silence was very disturbing.
ReplyDeleteCute cute on the tooth fairy note- we have a few of those in the scrapbooks ourselves. And my boys are the daisy pickers at the soccer games :)
Well, Koryn - you are RIGHT on this blog game. Imagine my delight when I unburied this evening, ready to do some blog-o-readin' and found four new posts to delight in.
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about the Knudsen days - especially the milestones like lost teeth. Miss you guys!
I love it, sweet Whitney. You do have other kids, right? :) I keed, I keed. What does the end of her note say?
ReplyDeleteI love letters and notes written by kids! I'm glad that the "tooht feree" understood her dilemma. Your blog is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHey, Koryn! What a lovely blog you have. Love the tooth story. Too many times we've forgotten to play "tooth fairy" and have had very sad little girls the next morning. sometimes we pretend to just look for the money while we're actually putting there in the first place ("What do you mean the tooth fairy didn't come?").
ReplyDelete