background

Friday, February 20, 2009

A Beginning

Everything needs a beginning, and here is mine for this blog. Pressure - on. Determination to do this anyway - check.

I love the view this medium gives me into the lives of those I love. I have enjoyed my year (or more) of stalking everyone elses lives and now it is my turn to put it all (well, for your sake, not all) of our life for you to take it as you find it.

A big shout out to my sister Ashley for her crazy ability with Photoshop and setting up the art here. (Now to get her to make me look like Kate Beckinsale in every shot.) Thanks Ashley for making this a pretty place to come visit. When I grow up I want to be just like you.

The title of the blog may take a little sounding out. If you guessed the word "exuberant" you win the prize (yet to be determined). I have a bit of a love affair with words and this one has always been a favorite. It is an adjective often used to describe me, especially when I get fired up about anything - my children, my hubby, teaching, the new paint color I just put up, the sunset, yeah you get the picture.

There are times when I find myself less than exuberant about a current situation. It is just then that I do my best to either change myself or change my situation so that love of life and good spirits quickly seep back into the fabric of my days. So yes, it is a strong word, exuberant, but I sincerely hope to make my life and my family's life live up to the hype.

There you have it - the beginning. Let's hope it is of something good.

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!!! Maybe you can inspire me to update mine on a more regular basis -- I started a post this morning but never got to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy beat me to it, I wanted to be the FIRST to post. You're getting too popular already. I'm so excited for this. I mean, we talk almost every day, so I feel like I know what's going on. But now to have pictures with the going ons, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo wonderful Koryn!! You are the second person that I have seen do this. I just might have to start one of my own here. This is very cute. I can't wait to read more and see pictures and videos of you guys:) Definately keep this going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! Be careful not to become obsessed (like my husband is) with comments. I look forward to pictures and stories and the works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Koryn, your blog looks great! I don't usually take time to email, and my family loves blogging, so with some persuasion and help my mom got me started. At first I was not interested in taking time to blog. Now that I have learned how it is fun to have a central place to do posts, pics, videos..etc to share! Although, I have been very neglectful to invite friends to our blog. I should do that soon. Thank you for sharing! love ya, Christina and crew

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sis! Evidently I missed the email, because Ashley mentioned your blog today and I had a "what else don't I know about the fam?!" moment :). But I'm glad she spilled the beans and I'm so excited to check in often for updates from my favorite pedant :).

    ReplyDelete